Thursday, November 8, 2007

No news is good news

Nov. 8th/Black Lips/Reigning Sound

Not much to report this week on the Sammies front; still no song list for the album, need to narrow it down a little more, and still no title. Great strides have been made though, so stay tuned.

Speaking of staying tuned, Old Mister Johnson, my Gibson SG, is getting revamped this week by our good friend Jason Racino and Cotter Guitar. She was a little worn around the edges from a fair amount of playing, and in turn, a fair amount of abuse. Guitars are meant to be played, not babied! How would you like it if someone put you on a shelf just to look at? Wouldn’t feel too good, and may be a bit weird.

Like I said, not much going on this week; we’re getting some practice in, working on some lights that should trip everyone out, and trying to get the album ready to come out, wild I may add. The big news, at least in my book, is the December 7th show in Charlotte. Another awesome band has just been added, Reigning Sound! I tried to see them at SXSW this last time but the show was packed before I could get in, and that was still rather early. So, needless to say I am pumped to see not only Black Lips but now Reigning Sound too. I would pay $12 to see just one of those bands, now you get the trifecta for $12, @ Neighborhood Theater!

Go Bobcats, and take the Panthers with you!

No comments: