Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yello

I don’t even have anything in particular I want to talk about, just decided to update. I really do long for the time to write; maybe I would write everyday like good writers say you should. I long for time to do lots of things, a vacation, to clean out my closet, plant some grass, beat a couple of video games, finish reading several books I started, oh, and see some people I haven’t seen in forever, that would be nice.

I do find the time for things I deem important though, come to think of it. I got my taxes done, important because of the IRS; I managed to make it to the Dr. Dog show, important because I like Dr. Dog and we played with them back in the day; I don’t have many weeds growing in my Animal Farm town, important because it’s an addiction that doesn’t harm me; I let the real dog (canine) out at lunch, important so she doesn’t pee on the floor and so she is well taken care of; lots of things I guess.

We don’t have many shows coming up, so maybe I can get around to all of these things I speak of. The shows approaching are 4/2, 4/3, 4/4. The first one is at our stomping grounds, the Visulite in Charlotte. Best buds the Whigs headline, and former Charlotteans, The Hymns open. We’re sandwiched in between (ba-doom-tat). The Friday show is up I85 a piece to Elon, and a new/old venue The Lighthouse. It’ll be our first time playing at Elon believe it or not. Finally, Saturday we meet back up with the Whigs at their stomping grounds, the 40 Watt in Athens. We LOVE that venue and I’m sure it will be one hell of a night. We start the evening off, Dark Meat follows, Whigs headline…

…besides that, just a couple of benefits, one in Charlotte, and one in Atlanta. In ATL our buddy Josh Rifkind (also Whigs MGR) is going through the painstaking task of another 500 Songs for Kids. Our song is a secret, but please come support this event any night you can, Smith’s Olde Bar. The whole thing lasts a little over a week and the money goes to a great cause. In Charlotte we’re playing the annual Fool’s Brigade for the first time. This show will benefit Jacob’s Ladder and includes every musician I know in Charlotte! Bruce Hazel is putting it on again this year, and we appreciate him involving us. Rolling Stones covers all night, and I’ve seen the list, no moss will be gathered. The songs are secrets for this one too, but name 5 songs you would want to hear and I bet at least 4 are played. Show at the Neighborhood Theater.

Cool update, our colleague Billy Bennett is working with MGMT on their new album. Billy helped us record our last one and is a true talent. I know they will knock it out of the park!

I haven’t had a music update in a while, and I plan to do that shortly. I have gotten lots of new stuff, and for a change, some of it is freaking really good. Check out A Place to Bury Strangers; NYC band, about to be touring Europe with friends, and Athenians, Dead Confederate. For fans of BRMC, Joy Division, Jesus & Mary Chain, etc.

No comments: